[EMBOSS] transfac site.dat ftp address

Andres Pinzon andrespinzon at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 19:20:09 UTC 2005

2005/8/18, Dall'Olio Giovanni <dalloliogm at fastwebnet.it>:
> I was trying to use the 'tfscan' tool, but I can't find an ftp server to
> download the 'site.dat' file that is required for this tool.
Hi, as far as I know you are not supossed to download the
database,(unless you are doing your own EMBOSS  installation) you just
have to define an input file and run the tool, thats it.
The server which runs the tool should have the database already installed.
Am I wrong?
--
---------
Andrés Pinzón [http://www.andrespinzon.com]