[EMBOSS] Difficulty with login

Tim Carver tjc at sanger.ac.uk
Fri Aug 12 07:58:55 UTC 2005

Hi Jeremy

There are a number of reasons why it may complain about authentication. Here
are the common ones:

1. the jembossctl script is not set to root and chmod'ed u+s
2. the results directory is not world read-writable
3. the tomcat server is not being run with the same UID that was given to
the installation script

However, from the look of the error you get it seems unlikely to be these.

If you select SSL/Https for the protocol then the install script creates
client & server certificates. These are used when connecting to the server
to validate with the SSL handshake. You should first check your tomcat logs
to see if the server is complaining about not finding this
($TOMCAT/logs/catalina.out). This should give some clues as to why you get
that exception.

Regards
Tim Carver