[EMBOSS] Macintosh EMBOSS

Thomas J Keller kellert at ohsu.edu
Fri Apr 22 16:33:44 UTC 2005

Greetings,
Have you looked at the fink installation of emboss and kaptain?
I use emboss from the command line, so I haven't tried the GUI
application "kaptain". Here's what the fink database has to say about
it:
#######################
kaptain-0.71-22: Universal graphical front-end
   Kaptain is a universal graphical front-end for command line programs,
   and it works wherever Qt3 is available. Someone writes a simple script
   (so called grammar) which describes the possible arguments for a
   command line program and Kaptain brings up a friendly dialog to
   the user to set up the command line. Example grammars can be
   found in /sw/share/kaptain/.
  .
  Web site: http://kaptain.sourceforge.net
  .
  Maintainer: Koen van der Drift <kvddrift at earthlink.net>
The emboss grammar has been written and is available through fink.

You do need the developer tools installed on your Mac, but that's
trivial, and comes with the OS, so no additional charge for your users.

Just a thought.

Tom Keller, Ph.D.
http://www.ohsu.edu/research/core
kellert at ohsu.edu