[EMBOSS] seqret

Peter Rice pmr at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Mar 16 18:05:50 UTC 2004

Stefanie De Bodt wrote:

> seqret -feature -sequence DBname:AC -outseq embl:AC.embl
>
> I get several warnings and I can´t figure out what the reason for these
> warnings is.
>
> Warning: bad /cons_splice value '(5'site:YES,'
> Warning: PVU13023: Bad value '(5'site:YES,' for tag '/cons_splice'
>
> Could you help me with this problem, is there a mistake in the command
> line or is it due to something else?

EMBOSS validates the EMBL feature table syntax, using a reasonably
up-to-date version of the EMBL feature table document (I do have some
minor updates to add for the latest version).

Is this your own database, or is this an EMBL entry?

These are only warnings ... but I would be interested to see the output
of entret (the complete text of the entry as read by EMBOSS) to check
the feature validation is correct.