[EMBOSS] seqret

Stefanie De Bodt stefanie.debodt at psb.ugent.be
Tue Mar 16 17:51:00 UTC 2004

Dear,

I am using the EMBOSS program SEQRET to retrieve sequences in EMBL
format out a local EMBL database. Retrieving embl formatted sequences
works. On your web site, I found an option, -feature, which allows
additional information to be included in the embl result file. This
however didn´t work, not in interactive mode and not using the following
command line

seqret -feature -sequence DBname:AC -outseq embl:AC.embl

I get several warnings and I can´t figure out what the reason for these
warnings is.

Warning: bad /cons_splice value '(5'site:YES,'
Warning: PVU13023: Bad value '(5'site:YES,' for tag '/cons_splice'
Warning: bad /cons_splice value '(5'site:no,'
Warning: RICAMYBA: Bad value '(5'site:no,' for tag '/cons_splice'
Warning: bad /cons_splice value '(5'site:no,'
Warning: RICAMYBB: Bad value '(5'site:no,' for tag '/cons_splice'
Warning: bad /cons_splice value '(5'site:no,'

Could you help me with this problem, is there a mistake in the command
line or is it due to something else?

Best regards,

Stefanie De Bodt

--
Stefanie De Bodt
Research Group of Bioinformatics and Evolutionary Genomics

Tel: +32 (0)9 3313692
Fax: +32 (0)9 3313809

stefanie.debodt at psb.ugent.be
http://www.psb.ugent.be/bioinformatics