[EMBOSS] uninstalling Emboss

Jan T. Kim kim at inb.uni-luebeck.de
Thu Mar 11 16:42:59 UTC 2004

On Thu, Mar 11, 2004 at 03:44:32PM +0100, KHOUEIRY pierre wrote:

> I want ot know the best way to uninstall Emboss from my Linux/Debian
> machine. In fact i install it using the tarball.
> any suggesting thanks in advance

Since the make process of the EMBOSS package is built with the autoconf
and automake standard tool suite, there is an uninstall target which
you can use for uninstalling. I.e. go to the EMBOSS source directory
where you ran ``make install'', and run ``make uninstall'' there.
If you don't have that source directory anymore, you could unpack the
tarball once more and run the ./configure script with exactly the
same parameters as you did for installing.

Greetinx, Jan
 |    *NEW*    email: kim at inb.uni-luebeck.de                          |
 |    *NEW*    WWW:   http://www.inb.uni-luebeck.de/staff/kim.html    |