[EMBOSS] incorporating old code in 2.9.0

Derek Gatherer d.gatherer at vir.gla.ac.uk
Mon Jul 26 08:56:29 UTC 2004

At 11:29 23/07/2004 +0100, Peter Rice wrote:

>In cleaning up the code for 2.9.0 we have become strict about defining
>"const AjPStr" and "const char*" for read-only parameters.

It seems that AjPFile variable also need to be declared one line at a time
too.  Eg:

This compiles okay:

int main (int argc, char **argv)
{
    AjPFile fhmatina;  // all AjPFile need own lines for 2.9.0
    AjPFile fhmatinb;
    AjPFile fhoutmat;
    AjPStr  linea;   // all AjPStr need own lines for 2.9.0
    AjPStr  lineb;
    AjPStr  elementa;
    AjPStr  elementb;
    ajint   i, j, seqsina, seqsinb;
    float ftmpa, ftmpb, sigmax2=0, sigmax=0, xsigmax2=0, xsigmax=0;
    float mean, xmean, sdsample, sdpopulation, xsdsample, xsdpopulation;
    float gbrate;
    char *ctmp;

but this crashes at make with the same "incompatible types in assignment"
error.

int main (int argc, char **argv)
{
    AjPFile fhmatina, fhmatinb, fhoutmat;
    AjPStr  linea;   // all AjPStr need own lines for 2.9.0
    AjPStr  lineb;
    AjPStr  elementa;
    AjPStr  elementb;
    ajint   i, j, seqsina, seqsinb;
    float ftmpa, ftmpb, sigmax2=0, sigmax=0, xsigmax2=0, xsigmax=0;
    float mean, xmean, sdsample, sdpopulation, xsdsample, xsdpopulation;
    float gbrate;
    char *ctmp;

I'm still making, so if I find anything else, I'll let you know.  I'm about
halfway through make, and so far this is the only additional error.

cheers
Derek

Derek Gatherer Ph.D. Cert.Ed.
Computer Officer