[EMBOSS] Problems converting sequences with seqret

simon andrews (BI) simon.andrews at bbsrc.ac.uk
Mon Jan 26 16:03:44 UTC 2004

There looks to be a bug in seqret.  I can't reproduce this
with msf files (may just be the data I was using), but
certainly there's something wrong with the nexus parser.

If you use the dna.msf file included with EMBOSS as a test
case

$ uname -sr
Linux 2.4.22-1.2149.nptlsmp
$ embossversion
Writes the current EMBOSS version number
2.8.0
$ seqret /usr/local/share/EMBOSS/test/data/dna.msf nexus::nexus.txt
Reads and writes (returns) sequences
$ seqret nexus::nexus.txt fasta::stdout
Reads and writes (returns) sequences
Segmentation fault

Running a debug on the second process doesn't show much.  The
matrix seems to be read OK, but then it segfaults.  An strace
on the process doesn't show any system calls going awry so
I'm not sure what's going wrong.

Certainly something to look at...

Simon.

--