[EMBOSS] MacOSX Panther

Koen van der Drift kvddrift at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 17 12:52:32 UTC 2004

On Jan 16, 2004, at 11:39 PM, Sabrina Dyall wrote:

> Where can one find detailed instructions (aimed at the lay-biochemist)
> on how to install EMBOSS 2.8.0 on a Mac running Panther, starting from
> downloading the package, expanding it, and compiling it? Second, how
> does one update to a new version of EMBOSS? I am currently using
> embossrunner with 2.7.1 and would like to update to 2.8.0, but have
> not been very successful.

Sabrina,

You can install emboss 2.8.0 using fink (see http://fink.sf.net). Fink
makes it easy to install unix software on Mac OS X and takes care of
all steps. Once you have installed fink, you can type 'fink install
emboss' in the terminal, and the package (plus all other packages it
needs) will be installed.

- Koen.