[EMBOSS] debian

Jan T. Kim kim at inb.uni-luebeck.de
Thu Jan 15 16:16:22 UTC 2004

On Thu, Jan 15, 2004 at 04:51:13PM +0100, Joerg Muehlisch wrote:

> did anyone on the list install emboss on debian.

Yes, I do this all the time.

> I think I get some
> linker errors:
> cannot find: ld -lX11
>  I tried then to configure with the lacking path-information and end up
> with the next error.
>
> Will I have to us a debian package or is there something else to do?
>
> On Suse 7.0 I could install it without any problems.

I guess that you need to install some package(s), probably related
to software development. (Note: compiling & installing requires packages
for software development, even if you don't develop the stuff yourself.)

In particular, do you have the package xlibs-dev installed? If not,
install that and try the ./configure ; make ; make install combo again.

Good luck.

Greetings from Luebeck,
Jan
 |    *NEW*    email: kim at inb.uni-luebeck.de                          |