[EMBOSS] emboss, a web interface for EMBOSS

Martín Sarachu mad at biol.unlp.edu.ar
Tue Jan 13 13:49:38 UTC 2004

Hi Mat,

1) wEMBOSS is written in Perl while jEMBOSS is in Java.
2) wEMBOSS works from the browser (tested with IE 6 & Netscape 7) while jEMBOSS
does not need a browser.
3) jEMBOSS needs extra installation (Jakarta & Java WebStart), nearly everything
wEMBOSS needs comes in a regular Linux (except some Perl modules).
4) At this point, wEMBOSS is faster than jEMBOSS, but this is because of actual
tecnology.
5) jEMBOSS has (not sure) batch capabilities, wEMBOSS not yet.
6) jEMBOSS has a file browser (for local & server files), wEMBOSS not yet.
7) Both jEMBOSS and wEMBOSS have a private workspace for each user.

Hope this helps.

 > Thanks for what looks like a good effort!
Thanks, we're somewhat tired ;)

Regards,

martin

--