[EMBOSS] can't access databases indexed by dbifasta

Jérôme Laroche jlaroche at bioinfo.ulaval.ca
Tue Feb 17 13:57:51 UTC 2004

Hi Marcus,

  it seems that your file .emboss_default don't have the line to specify
the location of the indexed database (check the last line of my
example).
Also, you can add this line at the begining of your file (setting a
variable for the path of your database) so if you move your database
and your index, you just have to modify the path at this line.

SET jerome_database_dir /cbi/people/jlaroche/data/banquesemboss

DB rbcl [
    type: N
    method: emblcd
    format: fasta