[EMBOSS] Database access external app

Marc Logghe Marc.Logghe at devgen.com
Fri Feb 13 08:15:59 UTC 2004

Hi Stefanie,
Can you show the actual entry in your emboss.default file, or eventual error messages when running the emboss command ?
We use exactly the same system for the worm chromosomal sequences for instance. Every chromosome is a separate blastable 'database'. worm_chromosomes.nal makes them look like 1 big.
The entry looks like this:
DB worm_chromosomes [
   type: N
   format: ncbi
   method: app
   app: "fastacmd -d worm_chromosomes -s %s"
]

HTH,
Marc