[EMBOSS] Asking for help

Li Yue mikeyueli at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 9 13:46:42 UTC 2004

Dear Sir or Madam,

	     I am a rookie who is learning how to use the emboss.And I find
a problem always haunting me.Whenever I run a program which uses a database
entry as the input,such as the "stretcher","needle","matcher" and so on,
a problem occurs.For example,when I input "tsw:hba_human" as an input sequence of
the "stretcher",the following prompt message is displayed:

       warning:cannot open division file '<null>' for database 'tsw'
       warning:seqCdQry failed
       Error: Unable to read sequence 'tsw:hba_human'

When I run other programs which used another test database "tembl",the same problem also occurs:

       warning:cannot open division file '<null>' for database 'tembl'
       warning:seqCdQry failed
       Error: Unable to read sequence 'tembl:ap000504'

         I really follow the instructions in your web site strictly to set up the
emboss.default file and the status of those database could be proved correct by invoking "showdb".
The current version of the emboss in my computer is 2.9.0. Could you please tell me how to
solve this problem?

         Thank you very much for your great help.Best wishes to you!

        Mike Li
        mikeyueli at hotmail.com
          2004-08-09