[EMBOSS] X11 display

Derek Gatherer d.gatherer at vir.gla.ac.uk
Tue Sep 23 08:12:13 UTC 2003

further to Thomas:

Yep, exactly what I've got.  Try again and this time where it says Graph
type [x11]: type xterm.  You'll get a graph of sorts.  If you don't, type
'?' and you'll get a list of possible output formats.  x11 will be one of
them, and it seems to be the only one that doesn't work.  For instance:

 >abiview
Reads ABI file and display the trace
ABI trace file: B135-F
Output sequence [b135-f.fasta]:
Graph type [x11]: ps
Created abiview.ps

So postscript works, and so does png.  Last night, I tried reinstalling
with a configure flag specifically set to look for x11

./configure --prefix=/$SOFTWARE/emboss --exec-prefix=/$SOFTWARE
--with-pngpdriver=/$SOFTWARE/emboss/share/EMBOSS
--x-includes=/usr/include/X11 --x-libraries=/usr/lib/X11

(where $SOFTWARE abbreviates my actual path), but even with x-includes it
doesn't work.  In my config.log I have:

ac_x_includes=/usr/include/X11 ac_x_libraries=/usr/lib/X11'
CXXFLAGS='-g  -I/usr/include/X11'
XLIB=' -L/usr/lib/X11 -lX11 '
X_CFLAGS=' -I/usr/include/X11'
X_LIBS=' -L/usr/lib/X11'

which I didn't before I specified --x-includes at configure.

So I'm more or less stumped here.  Either I'm making an elementary mistake
with my paths or there is a problem on Windows as well as Mac.

Cheers
Derek