[EMBOSS] license of EMBOSS tutorial

KAWAJI Hideya kawaji at plala.to
Sat Sep 20 11:23:55 UTC 2003

Hi,

I'm interested in EMBOSS tutorial
(http://www.hgmp.mrc.ac.uk/Software/EMBOSS/Doc/Tutorial/emboss_tutorial/)
as well as EMBOSS itself.
It is very helpful to understand EMBOSS applications,
but some people that are not good at English can't utilize it.
My colleague has a plan to translate it into Japanese, and
I agree with him. We consider that our result also should be open publicly.

Although all programs in EMBOSS is clearly described
as "they are released under GPL" and I believe that the spirit
is the same to the tutorial, I can't find any license of the tutorial.

Could you let me know about the following points?

 - Is there any description about license of EMBOSS tutorial,
    such as GNU FDL(http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl.html)?

 - If not, can we open and distribute our translation, publicly?

best,

Hideya
---
Hideya KAWAJI <kawaji at plala.to>