[EMBOSS] How to install and run a single application of EMBOSS?

Peter Rice pmr at ebi.ac.uk
Mon Sep 15 14:47:58 UTC 2003

luqiang wrote:
> If I don't want to the whole cumbersome EMBOSS package, while only
> single application, for example "gariner", is needed, how can I do?

Oops ... I forgot one more detail.

EMBOSS will need to find the ACD file (emboss/garnier.acd in the
sources, acd/garnier.acd when it is installed) and possibly comparison
matrix files.

It will look in the source and install directories.

There are two environment variables to redirect the programs to some
other location:

setenv EMBOSS_ACDROOT /site/prog/emboss/share/EMBOSS/acd

setenv EMBOSS_ROOT /site/prog/emboss/share/EMBOSS/

Hope this helps,