[EMBOSS] "fasta" program

Ruediger Braeuning ruediger at sanbi.ac.za
Wed Oct 22 14:41:20 UTC 2003

Dear Guy,

> I think it would be a good idea to distribute our BLAST and fastA wrappers as an
> "Embassadir". I will start a conversation with the EMBOSS developement team
> about what is necessary to make it work.

Great, that would be a valuable addition. Thanks for sharing.

> If you are in a hurry, I can send you the files in their present state.
> To make it work you mainly need to edit the files and replace the paths
> of the programs and the names of the databanks by what you have at your
> site. Note that, since the EMBOSS programs are just "wrappers", you need
> in the first place the fastA programs themselves properly installed and
> configured with a collection of databanks in fastA format.

If possible, I would like to have these wrappers as well.

Thanks and best regards,
Ruediger
Ruediger Braeuning    /   South African National Bioinformatics Institute
		     (=)  University of the Western Cape
Ph. +27 21 959 3645   /   Private Bag X17
Fax +27 21 959 2512  (=)  Bellville, 7535
www.sanbi.ac.za       /   South Africa