dbiflat question

Marc Logghe Marc.Logghe at devgen.com
Wed May 7 12:05:25 UTC 2003

Thanks for the reply !
That is what I have figured out:
when you run
dbiflat -idformat genbank -directory /data/genbank -filenames gbest226.seq
in the index directory (e.g. /data/emboss/est) has the same effect as
running
dbiflat -idformat genbank -directory /data/genbank -indexdirectory
/data/emboss/est -filenames gbest226.seq
meaning, the index files are created in the desired place. But still the
sequences themselves are not accessible using the mentioned entry in
emboss.default ('seqret est -firstonly' gives a segmentation fault). I
suppose the 'directory' key should point to the indexdirectory, right ?
Because, the index itself should be pointing to the correct sequence path.
At least that is what I expect.
And indeed, as suggested by Tony, everything worked fine when putting index
and sequence files in the same directory (indexdirectory and directory are
the same).
OK, just tried something which appears to work now. Switch to the first
scenario again: separate paths for index and sequence files. When I changed
the emboss.default to the following, everything worked fine:

DB est [
   type: N
   format: genbank
   method: emblcd
   indexdirectory: /data/emboss/est
   directory: /data/genbank
]

Apparently you have to set the indexdirectory and directory explicitely in
the configuration file also; pointing to the indexdirectory alone is not
sufficient !
Regards,
Marc