Primer design

Georg Wilhelm Otto georg.otto at tuebingen.mpg.de
Wed Mar 5 19:04:10 UTC 2003

Hi all!

I have a problem concerning PCR primer design. I have a lot of
sequences of very different length and I want to design PCR primers to
all of them within a given maximum distance from the 3-prime end - say
500 bp. I don't want to have to look at all the sequences because  it
is a lot. Primer3 does not seem to support this, it lets you only
define ranges from the 5-prime end. Does anyone know how it could be
done in Primer3 or how it could be done using another primer design
software?

Of course there is the obvious solution to revert the sequences and
then define the distance from the 5-prime end, but i don't want to do
this.

Thanks a lot!

Georg
--
Georg Wilhelm Otto
Max-Planck-Institute for Developmental Biology