needle -filter

Peter Rice pmr at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Jun 10 11:38:33 UTC 2003

simon andrews (BI) wrote:

> One quick extra feature request though.  For the asis:: USA, would it be
> possible to assign a name to the sequences passed in, even if it's
> only 1,2,3 or seq1 seq2 seq3 etc.  It would make parsing of output files
> much easier.  A way to specify a name in the USA would be even better
> (eg asis::name>GAGAGTGTAGT or whatever).

Should be possible to do this:

needle asis::aaacccgggttt -sid simon asis::aacccgg -sid peter -filter

but there is a problem with the second -sid for needle because it is a
seqall input, and specifying the id is a problem with possibly more than
one input.

We can look into allowing -sid for seqall input, for the first sequence
in the stream.