database size

Asmann, Yan Ph.D. asmann.Yan at mayo.edu
Thu Jun 5 13:53:40 UTC 2003

Hi,

I have installed the EMBOSS2.7.0, and tried to index databases using dbifasta. I found that when database size is over 2GB (e.g. est_human... etc), dbifasta will give EMBOSS An error message as following:
" in embdbi.c at line 295:
Cannot open ./est_mouse for reading"

I remember for version 2.2.0, there wasn't any error message for over-sized DBs, the dbifasta would start indexing but an "fragmentation fault" will happen later.

Has anyone had the same problem for 2.7.0?  Is anyone working on modifying dbi* programes for DBs larger than 2GB?

Thanks, Yan