Trying to upgrade dreg

Henrikki Almusa henrikki.almusa at helsinki.fi
Wed Jun 4 15:02:16 UTC 2003

Hello

I'm trying to test my c skills with Emboss. And decided to start by trying to
modify dreg to print out in emboss report format. I've made some changes and
got it to print out a report. Unfortunately I haven't been completely
succesful in modifying this. So here I am to ask for help and guidance :). So
my questions are. What i'm doing wrong here? And how to fix it?

At one point I got it to write the proper file out with all the maches in it.
However it was case sensetive at that time and printing out some warnings.
While trying to get rid of these i seemed to lose the ability to match
anything anymore. And i can't seem to be able to fix now to do matching
properly for some reason. My patch is added as attachment.

Once this is done I'm planning to try change preg similarly. Or better yet, i
think,  to modify one of them so that it read both amino acid and nucleotide
sequences, since the regex shouldn't care what strings it is used to test on.

TIA
--
Henrikki Almusa