wrapper for Perl scripts within EMBOSS

Derek Gatherer d.gatherer at vir.gla.ac.uk
Thu Jul 17 09:53:59 UTC 2003

Subject: Re: acd files
From: Peter Rice
(<mailto:pmr at ebi.ac.uk&replyto=3F13D366.2070400 at ebi.ac.uk&subject=Re:%20acd%20files>pmr at ebi.ac.uk)
Date: Tue 15 Jul 2003 - 11:11:50 BST

 >time to update the list of EMBOSS wrappers on the web pages
 >perhaps?

I couldn't find this.  Is it somewhere in a corner of the website?

I have another question, which probably reveals my limited C experience,
but anyway...

After writing new code, I run 'make', which takes about 3 seconds.  But
then when I run 'make install', a period of about 7 minutes is consumed by
installation of the /share/EMBOSS/data and all the acd files etc, before it
gets down to the business of installing the new bin.  Is there a way of
turning this off, so that 'make install' just jumps to the bare necessary
lib and bin installations?  acdc is fine after make of course, but that
only tests that the acd file is okay.

Cheers
Derek

Derek Gatherer Ph.D. Cert.Ed.