convert a string in a sequence

Peter Rice pmr at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Jul 15 13:10:13 UTC 2003

Carole Louis wrote:
> In fact, I want to use the function "ajSeqNum" where the first argument
> is a sequence. The problem is I don't have declare this first parameter
> as a sequence but as a string, at the beginnig of my program. So I want
> to convert the string in a sequence.  It's is because I do not want to
> modifie all the code.

There will be an ajSeqNumS function in the next release that has a
string as the first argument.

There will also be an ajSeqNewStr function, for uses like this, but you
may want to set other properties (name, accession, description) if you
need the sequence so the method I posted earlier may be the simplest to
use (so you can add more ajSeqAss calls).

Hope this helps,