convert a string in a sequence

Carole Louis gtps5 at gtptech.com
Tue Jul 15 12:53:13 UTC 2003

OK.

In fact, I want to use the function "ajSeqNum" where the first argument
is a sequence. The problem is I don't have declare this first parameter
as a sequence but as a string, at the beginnig of my program. So I want
to convert the string in a sequence.  It's is because I do not want to
modifie all the code.