cvs woes

peter robinson Peter.Robinson at t-online.de
Sat Jul 12 23:54:52 UTC 2003

Hi,

I have been trying to install the cvs version of EMBOSS.
I updated to automake 1.75 and autoconf 1.75 (I am running SuSe Linux 8.1).

I see the following:

aclocal -I m4
autoconf
(no error warnings)
automake -a
=> Your implementation of AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE comes from an old automake version.
You should recreate aclocal.a4 with aclocal and run automake again.

After trying the whole procedure with a fresh cvs download, I got the same
results. Even though one shouldn't disregard error warnings like this, I did
try to ./configure this (which went unremarkably) and make it (which produced
the error :

make
making all in plplot
make[1]: Entering directory /home/peter/emboss/emboss/emboss/plplot
Makefile:319: *** Missing separator. stop
make[1] leaving directory ...
make: *** [all-recursive]: Error 1

I wasn't able to find anything in the Makefile which seemed to be responsible
for this error.

Advice greatly appreciated!