tfscan

peter robinson Peter.Robinson at t-online.de
Fri Jul 11 07:46:08 UTC 2003

Hi EMBOSSers,

I have just set up a transfac database on my site with tfextract and then
tried out tfscan for the first time. I was suprised to see lots and lots of
trivial hits of 2nt in length mixed in with matches that appeared more
believable. My input was a file with about 100 FASTA sequences of putative
upstream conserved regions, and I otherwise used the default settings.

What's going on? Is it possible to have tfscan just return hits greater than a
certain length (didn't see anything like that in the documentation)?

Thanks

Peter Robinson