EMBOSS on OSX X11

Nadeem Faruque faruque at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Feb 11 01:48:11 UTC 2003

I've got EMBOSS running with XFree86 in 10.1.5 (thanks to lots of help
from Alan) - if you can't get anywhere with Apple's X11 have to remove
it in favour of XFree86 , you should check out Adrian's OroborOSX
<http://oroborosx.sourceforge.net/>, you'll also find help installing
XFree86 there too.

Having said that, are you sure that Apple's X11 is missing files -
remember there's the basic X11 install, the X11 for Mac OS X Public Beta
SDK (3.9MB) (see bottom right link on
http://www.apple.com/macosx/x11/download/) and the normal development
tools (register for a free membership at
http://www.apple.com/developer/)?

Nadeem