lindna segmentation fault

Suksiri Vichasri Grams grsvc at mucc.mahidol.ac.th
Thu Feb 6 03:57:08 UTC 2003

Hi,

Every Mac-user will get this error message. Alan Bleasby told me it is
a problem with the default stacksize which is set too small. You must
change the default value in the shell, for the sh shell the command is
: ulimit -S -s unlimited; cirdna... (no typo, it is ulimit)

In the tcsh shell is called : unlimit stacksize; cirdna...

More info can be found in the man pages of the shells (man sh, man tcsh
etc)

Kindly,

Rudi

On Thursday, Feb 6, 2003, at 09:26 Asia/Bangkok, America Mauhar wrote:

> I am a new user to Emboss.  I have installed (or facilitated the
> instalation of) Emboss 2.6 on three Mac computers running 10.2.3 (two
> eMacs and one powerbook of unknown vintage) and all the latest
> developers tools, x11 and a host of other Unix goodies.
>
> Installation seemed normal on all machines and now all machines are
> displaying the same behavior.  Some programs are working well
> (transeq, wossname) but the program I really want to run, lindna,
> gives me "Segmentation Fault" when I try to run it from the command
> line and returns me to the shell prompt. Cirdna behaves in a similar
> manner.  This is consitant for all three installations.
>
> I searched the mail group archives and found no messages relating to
> similar issues.  Are there other OSX users successfully using this
> program?
>
> Thank you,
> America Mauhar
> --