[EMBOSS] EMBOSS on osx 10.3

Jean-Christophe AME ame at esbs.u-strasbg.fr
Thu Dec 18 16:51:32 UTC 2003

Hi Georg,

I have the same configuration and didn't have any problem compiling it.
You should get from the developer tools CD the X11SDK which is an
option to install.

My computer is even not supported by panther (a powerbook wallstreet +
G4 upgrade) and I have no problem with it at all.
Sincerely,
Jean-Christophe

Le 18 déc. 03, à 17:18, Georg Otto a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I tried to compile EMBOSS on a new computer running Mac OSX
> 10.3 unfortunately, the compile process aborts with the
> error message:
>
> /bin/sh ../libtool --mode=link gcc  -O2   -o aaindexextract
>  aaindexextract.o ../nucleus/libnucleus.la
> ../ajax/libajaxg.la ../ajax/libajax.la
> ../plplot/libplplot.la -lX11  -lm
> gcc -O2 -o .libs/aaindexextract aaindexextract.o
>  ../nucleus/.libs/libnucleus.dylib
> ../ajax/.libs/libajaxg.dylib ../ajax/.libs/libajax.dylib
> ../plplot/.libs/libplplot.dylib -lX11 -lm
> ld: can't locate file for: -lX11
> make[2]: *** [aaindexextract] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>

> As I understand, EMBOSS has problems with Mac´s X11. Is
> there any way to get around this.
>
> Any help will be highly appreciated.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Georg
>
> --
> Georg Wilhelm Otto
> Max-Planck-Institute for Developmental Biology
> Department 3 - Genetics
> Spemannstrasse 35
> D-72076 Tuebingen (Germany)
> phone:   +49-7071-601393
> e-mail: georg.otto at tuebingen.mpg.de

________________________
Jean-Christophe Amé, PhD
U.P.R. 9003 du CNRS - Cancérogénèse et Mutagénèse Moléculaire et
Structurale
École Supérieure de Biotechnologie de Strasbourg
Pôle API
Parc d'innovation, Boulevard Sébastien Brant
BP 10413
67412 ILLKIRCH CEDEX
France

tel.: 33 3 90 24 47 05