[EMBOSS] EMBOSS on osx 10.3

Georg Otto georg.otto at tuebingen.mpg.de
Thu Dec 18 16:18:25 UTC 2003

Hi,

I tried to compile EMBOSS on a new computer running Mac OSX
10.3 unfortunately, the compile process aborts with the
error message:

/bin/sh ../libtool --mode=link gcc  -O2   -o aaindexextract
 aaindexextract.o ../nucleus/libnucleus.la
../ajax/libajaxg.la ../ajax/libajax.la
../plplot/libplplot.la -lX11  -lm
gcc -O2 -o .libs/aaindexextract aaindexextract.o
 ../nucleus/.libs/libnucleus.dylib
../ajax/.libs/libajaxg.dylib ../ajax/.libs/libajax.dylib
../plplot/.libs/libplplot.dylib -lX11 -lm
ld: can't locate file for: -lX11
make[2]: *** [aaindexextract] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

As I understand, EMBOSS has problems with Mac´s X11. Is
there any way to get around this.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Cheers,

Georg

--
Georg Wilhelm Otto
Max-Planck-Institute for Developmental Biology
e-mail: georg.otto at tuebingen.mpg.de