[EMBOSS] problem in my program

Carole Louis gtps5 at gtptech.com
Thu Dec 4 15:45:45 UTC 2003

I read my mail and I saw I made a mistake copying my program but I
change it and it 'is the good version below.

Le jeu 04/12/2003 à 16:28, Carole Louis a écrit :

    Hi,

    I'm programming in EMBOSS 2.7.1 (not yet in EMBOSS 2.8.0) and I
    don't understand why my program does not work. I'm looking for the
    error since yesterday but I don't find it. The part of my program
    where is the problem is :

          // obtention fin extremite terminale oligo gche
          // mise sequence1 dans tableau
          iterSeq1 = ajStrIter(res2->sequenceGche);
          while (!ajStrIterDone(iterSeq1))
           {
              c = ajStrIterGetK(iterSeq1);
              tabSeq1[i] = c;
            i++;
            ajStrIterNext(iterSeq1);
            }

          // Nucleotide extremite 3' de l'oligo gauche
          Nuc3OligGche = tabSeq1[lenSeq1-1];

          // obtention fin extremite terminale oligo dte
          // sequence2 dans tableau
          iterSeq2 = ajStrIter(res2->sequenceDte);
          while (!ajStrIterDone(iterSeq2))
                {
                  d = ajStrIterGetK(iterSeq2);
                  tabSeq2[j] = d;
                  j++;
                 ajStrIterNext(iterSeq2);
                 }

          // Nucleotide extremite 3' de l'oligo droite
          Nuc3OligDte = tabSeq2[lenSeq2-1];

          ajStrAssCI(&charT, "T",1);
          ajStrAssCI(&charA, "A",1);

          if ((ajStrMatchCaseC (charA,&Nuc3OligGche))||(ajStrMatchCaseC
    (charT,&Nuc3OligGche)))
          {
            ajFmtPrintF(outf, "oligo gche finit par A ou T \n");
            res2->score = res2->score - 1;
          }

          if ((ajStrMatchCaseC (charA,&Nuc3OligDte))||(ajStrMatchCaseC
    (charT,&Nuc3OligDte)))
          {
            ajFmtPrintF(outf, "oligo dte finit par A ou T \n");
            res2->score = res2->score - 1;
          }

    There isn't any problem with the first buckle 1 (see in red) but my
    program does'nt go is the buckle 2 (see in green) as it should do it
    and as it do with the buckle 1.  Is someone can help me, please. I
    have no more idea now and don't know what to do. May be my problem
    will appear very clear for someone. I hope it, in fact.      :-)
    Thanks,
    Carole Louis