[EMBOSS] problem in my program

Carole Louis louis at gtptech.com
Thu Dec 4 15:28:54 UTC 2003

Hi,

I'm programming in EMBOSS 2.7.1 (not yet in EMBOSS 2.8.0) and I don't
understand why my program does not work. I'm looking for the error since
yesterday but I don't find it. The part of my program where is the
problem is :

      // obtention fin extremite terminale oligo gche
      // mise sequence1 dans tableau
      iterSeq1 = ajStrIter(res2->sequenceGche);
      while (!ajStrIterDone(iterSeq1))
       	{
	          c = ajStrIterGetK(iterSeq1);
	          tabSeq1[i] = c;
	 	        i++;
	 	        ajStrIterNext(iterSeq1);
	        }

      // Nucleotide extremite 3' de l'oligo gauche
      Nuc3OligGche = tabSeq1[lenSeq1-1];

      // obtention fin extremite terminale oligo dte
      // sequence2 dans tableau
      iterSeq2 = ajStrIter(res2->sequenceDte);
      while (!ajStrIterDone(iterSeq2))
            	{
	              d = ajStrIterGetK(iterSeq2);
	              tabSeq2[j] = d;
	              j++;
	             ajStrIterNext(iterSeq2);
	             }

      // Nucleotide extremite 3' de l'oligo droite
      Nuc3OligDte = tabSeq2[lenSeq2-1];

      ajStrAssCI(&charT, "T",1);
      ajStrAssCI(&charA, "A",1);

      if ((ajStrMatchCaseC (charA,&Nuc3OligGche))||(ajStrMatchCaseC
(charT,&Nuc3OligGche)))
      	{
	        ajFmtPrintF(outf, "oligo gche finit par A ou T \n");
	        res2->score = res2->score - 1;
      	}

      if ((ajStrMatchCaseC (charAbis,&Nuc3OligDte))||(ajStrMatchCaseC
(charTbis,&Nuc3OligDte)))
      	{
	        ajFmtPrintF(outf, "oligo dte finit par A ou T \n");
	        res2->score = res2->score - 1;
      	}

There isn't any problem with the first buckle 1 (see in red) but my
program does'nt go is the buckle 2 (see in green) as it should do it and
as it do with the buckle 1.  Is someone can help me, please. I have no
more idea now and don't know what to do. May be my problem will appear
very clear for someone. I hope it, in fact.      :-)
Thanks,
Carole Louis