[EMBOSS] Re: [EMBOSS-BUG] water problems

Lisa Mullan lmullan at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Wed Dec 3 14:56:10 UTC 2003

Hi!

EMBOSS is scorring it correctly. You have three gaps in thie alignment.
The first gap incurs a penalty of ten for opeing the gap. And then the
subsequent gaps incur penalties of 0.5 each therefore the calculation is:

(10*5)-10-(2*0.5) = 39

I think you got over zealous with your extensions!!

Lisa

Lisa Mullan
MRC Rosalind Franklin Centre for Genomics Research
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambridge, CB10 1SB, UK
Tel: +44 1223 494500  Fax: +44 1223 494512
E-mail: lmullan at rfcgr.mrc.ac.uk  Web: http://www.rfcgr.mrc.ac.uk