[EMBOSS] a question about emma

Henrikki Almusa henrikki.almusa at helsinki.fi
Thu Aug 28 10:24:34 UTC 2003

On Thursday 28 August 2003 13:04, mario wrote:
> I think I have to download clustalw programm and install it, but where have
> I to do it??? In emboss directory, or I have to add it tho Red Hat
> packages? I don´t know what to do about it...

You can get this from ebi's ftp server in here:
ftp://ftp.ebi.ac.uk/pub/software/unix/clustalw/

> Can somebody help me about how to obtain the correct version of clustalw
> for my machine and how to install it properly for working with EMBOSS? I´ll
> be very happy if somebody could help me.

How to install it. Well i would think that if you install clustalw and have it
in path, then it should work. However since i haven't used emma myself i
can't be sure. My suggestion is to install clustalw and add it to path and
try emma again.

--
Henrikki Almusa