[EMBOSS] ANNOUNCE: Kaptain GUI for EMBOSS

Thomas Siegmund siegmund at develogen.com
Tue Aug 12 14:19:21 UTC 2003

Hello everybody,

a new version of the Kaptain GUI for EMBOSS is finished. As far as I know,
support for EMBOSS 2.71 is complete. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Due to
some changed command line attributes in EMBOSS this version of the GUI will
work only with EMBOSS >= 2.70.

Download as usual at
http://userpage.fu-berlin.de/~sgmd/download.html

MacOS X users might want to wait until the latest version (0.92) arrives at
the fink repository. Thanks to Koen van der Drift there is an easy to install
package at
http://fink.sourceforge.net/pdb/package.php/emboss-kaptain

Recent changelog entries:
Version 0.92 Support for EMBOSS 2.71 is complete !!
- added tcode.kaptn

Version 0.91
- redesign of showseq.kaptn to support all new showseq features
- describe qualifier for extractfeat.kaptn
- equivalences option for rebaseextract.kaptn
- solofragment qualifier for restrict.kaptn
- prefer qualifier for megamerger.kaptn
- context qualifier for sirna.kaptn
- tolower qualifier for maskseq.kaptn and maskfeat.kaptn
- default output directory can be set in embosslauncher
- clean option for transeq.kaptn
- msf -> sequence in infoalign.kaptn
- sequencea -> sequence in pepstats.kaptn, pepwindow.kaptn, iep.kaptn
  digest.kaptn, garnier.kaptn,
- sequence(a,b) -> (a,b)sequence in dottup.kaptn, dotmatcher.kaptn,
  dotpath.kaptn, stretcher.kaptn
- inseqs -> sequence in emma.kaptn
- seq(a,b) -> (a,b)sequence in merger.kaptn, megamerger.kaptn
  Thanks to Koen van der Drift for bugreports

Version 0.90
- small kaptain.071-fix for showseq.kaptn
- mini-fix for getorf.kaptn: standard genetic code is "0", not "1".
- "-stdout" was missing in infoalign.kaptn and infoseq.kaptn. Now "show"
works.
- sequencea -> asequence in needle.kaptn, water.kaptn, matcher.kaptn (EMBOSS
2.7)
- fname -> infile in abiview.kaptn (EMBOSS 2.7)

Have fun

Thomas

--
Thomas Siegmund, Ph.D.