Jemboss and Fink package problems

David Garcia Aristegui david at cnb.uam.es
Tue Apr 22 08:19:24 UTC 2003

You need Tomcat and Axis/SOAP to run Jemboss. Look up where emboss is
installed with fink ( /sw ??? ). To configure Jemboss tu run as
standalone:

http://www.hgmp.mrc.ac.uk/Software/EMBOSS/Jemboss/install/standalone.html

MacOS X
http://www.hgmp.mrc.ac.uk/Software/EMBOSS/Jemboss/install/macosx_server.html

Go to the directory where the script should be run from:
cd EMBOSS-2.x.x/jemboss/utils
Run the install-jemboss-server.sh script.
./install-jemboss-server.sh

Go to the jemboss directory in the EMBOSS install directory
($EMSBOSS_INSTALL/share/EMBOSS/jemboss) and try running Jemboss. Edit
runJemboss.csh to set the following environment variables:

setenv EMBOSS_INSTALL /usr/local/emboss/
setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH $EMBOSS_INSTALL/lib

For MacOSX also add:
setenv DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH $EMBOSS_INSTALL/lib

Also add the 'local' option for Jemboss to run in 'standalone' mode:
( very important, java1.3 or higher should be used ).
java org/emboss/jemboss/Jemboss local &

Then try running it by typing ./runJemboss.csh.

HTH,

David.