Jemboss and Fink package problems

Lorraine Cavanaugh mayaguezcoqui at fastmail.fm
Mon Apr 21 20:59:12 UTC 2003

Hi all,

I have recently attempted to install Emboss and Jemboss to run in
standalone mode on my G4 laptop.  I was unable to get the program suite
to compile properly using the Jemboss script, but was able to get Fink
to install the package for me.

Anyone have ideas on how to configure Emboss to run as standalone with
a Jemboss interface with a Fink installation?  I think Fink only
installed Emboss (which works fine from the command line).  I did
install Jemboss, which launches, but asks for a username and password
on startup, so I think it's trying to run in client mode.

Thanks!
Lorraine
Lorraine Cavanaugh
Hughson Lab