New release of Kaptain X11 GUI for EMBOSS
siegmund at develogen.com
Tue Apr 15 15:15:44 UTC 2003
I'd like to announce that a new version of the EMBOSS GUI for Linux/Unix
systems running QT/KDE is available.
Thanks to Terék Zsolt (who fixed some bugs and released Kaptain 0.71 a few
days ago) we can use QT3.x now. The widgets look quite nice in a KDE3
environment and use less space on the screen than the QT2 version.
Support for EMBOSS 2.6 is complete.
You can the grammars for EMBOSS and Phylip as usual at
http://userpage.fu-berlin.de/~sgmd/download.html . Kaptain 0.71 is available
from http://kaptain.sourceforge.net/ .
From the changelog:
- fixes for quite a few number of grammars for kaptain0.71. This version
understands rules like 'something -> @ | "-something"' a little bit
differently. The grammars should work with kaptain 0.6 and kaptain 0.71 now.
Please report any problems, especially with the older version. I will use
kaptain 0.71 from now on.
- new: skipseq.kaptn
- one more fix in embosslauncher
- make showalign.kaptn, emma.kaptn, est2genome.kaptn, remap.kaptn,
showseq.kaptn, efitch.kaptn work with kaptain 0.7
- fix empty lines in embossdata.kaptn
- fixed -sreverse option in needle.kaptn and water.kaptn with kaptain 0.7
- small fix to embosslauncher
Version 0.85 - finished support for EMBOSS 2.6
- new: pestfind.kaptn, sirna.kaptn, twofeat.kaptn
- moved grammar files for "Protein 3D" applications to separate directory
"Domainatrix". For the moment they won't get installed automatically.
If you need them, please copy them manually to the appropriate locations.
If you update, it might be a good idea to remove the
$KDEDIRS/share/applnk/EMBOSS directory before running the install script to
get rid of stale .desktop files
- "other" option for msbar.kaptn
- "featinname" feature for extractfeat.kaptn
- small fix for cpgplot.kaptn
Thomas Siegmund, Ph.D.
Bioinformatics and Data Management
Phone: +49(551) 505 58 651
More information about the EMBOSS