emma

Peter Rice peter.rice at uk.lionbioscience.com
Thu Sep 12 14:51:08 UTC 2002

Graziano P. wrote:
> I am trying to use the following emma options: -norgap and -nopercent, but
> when I write
>
> emma sequence.fasta -norgap
>
> the program returns the following error message:
>
>    EMBOSS An error in ajacd.c at line 11262:
> unknown qualifier -norgap
>
> the same is if I write
>
> emma sequence.fasta -nopercent
>
>    EMBOSS An error in ajacd.c at line 11262:
> unknown qualifier -nopercent
>
> I have seen in emma.acd file and these two qualifiers exist!!

Oops. We are working on it.

"no" in front of a qualifier is automatically removed, and the value is set
to "N". It should check (a) that the qualifier is boolean and (b) that the
name is correct.

Qualifiers should not begin with "no".

For emma, -nopercent and -norgap will need new names to work correctly. We
should make it -percent and -rgap :-)

> Anyone have alredy found this problem?

This is the same as the problem reported this morning ... before today,
nobody had reported it !!!