Fwd: Re: Suggestion for new use for EMBOSS program

Per Johansson heme at postmark.net
Thu Nov 7 15:11:43 UTC 2002

It's OK to reformat the GCG pattern file to a transfac-format database
and use tfscan. But I still miss some functions in FINDPATTERNS. I
can't search the reverse primer strand, the output is limited to ONE
format no alignment format, tfscan it doesn't accept wobbeling bases
in primers (e.g. K=G or T , D=G or C or A not-T ...). But otherwise
the tfscan algorithm is a very nice and fast word-matching algorithm,
but it COULD be used for other purposes also!

Per