EMBOSS::GUI 1.0

Luke McCarthy lukem at gene.pbi.nrc.ca
Fri May 3 00:44:36 UTC 2002

Hi everybody,

Last July I announced on this list the development of a Perl CGI graphical
interface to the EMBOSS scripts and solicited beta testers.  Development
has been intermittent since then, but I believe the interface is now ready
for public consumption.

The GUI scripts generate the application pages dynamically from the EMBOSS
ACD files, so it should adapt to newer EMBOSS releases without much
hassle (all of the current features that I am aware of are available,
including output formats for sequences, features, reports and
alignments...)  The main menu is generated dynamically as well, so only
those tools which are available on your system will be listed (for
example, if you haven't installed the EMBASSY stuff it won't show up...)

The GUI can be downloaded from http://bioinfo.pbi.nrc.ca/~lukem/EMBOSS or
http://www.cbr.nrc.ca/EMBOSS and a demo version is available online at
http://bioinfo.pbi.nrc.ca/cgi-bin/emboss-redirect.pl

Cheers,