Transfac database

jrvalverde at cnb.uam.es jrvalverde at cnb.uam.es
Tue Mar 12 14:45:36 UTC 2002

Johanne Duhaime <duhaimj at ircm.qc.ca> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I looked for the Transfac database on the web. It seems that it is now
> "buyable" but it used to be free. Are you buying it to use with
> tfextract? Or is there any other way to get that database?
>
> Thank you in advance
>

>From TRANSFAC main page:

<The TRANSFAC database is free for users from non-profit organizations only.
<Users from commercial enterprises have to license the TRANSFAC
<databases and accompanying programs. Please read the DISCLAIMER !

We are an academic, non-profit organization, therefore we do not need
to buy it.

José R. Valverde
EMBnet/CNB