jemboss wossname

Tim Strom TimStrom at gsf.de
Thu Jul 4 13:08:30 UTC 2002

I tried to run Jemboss in the standalone mode on sparc-solaris. I used
emboss 2.4.1, jemboss-beta2.4 and java1.4.

After starting jemboss, the progamm is not able to complete
wossname. I am getting the following output:

> java org.emboss.jemboss.Jemboss local
Standalone mode
/usr/local/packages/emboss-2.4.1/bin/wossname -colon -auto

Now the process is busy but nothing happens.

When I try to run wossname from the command line I am
getting the following output:

> /usr/local/packages/emboss-2.4.1/bin/wossname -colon -auto
NUCLEIC:COMPOSITION
compseq          Counts the composition of dimer/trimer/etc words in a
sequence

NUCLEIC:PRIMERS
primers          Simple version of primer3 to pick PCR primers

PROTEIN:2D STRUCTURE
garnier          Predicts protein secondary structure
tmap             Displays membrane spanning regions

PROTEIN:COMPOSITION
compseq          Counts the composition of dimer/trimer/etc words in a
sequence

UTILS:DATABASE CREATION
scope            Convert raw scop classification file to embl-like
format

Most of the installed emboss programms are not listed. Thus, it seems to
be
something wrong with wossname.

Any hely?

Tim

Tim M. Strom				Tel: +49 89 3187 3296
Institut fuer Humangenetik		Fax: +49 89 3187 3297
Ingolstaedter Landstr. 1
85764 Neuherberg
Germany

WWW: http://ihg.gsf.de