Announce: X / KDE GUI for EMBOSS V0.6

Thomas Siegmund sgmd at genetik.fu-berlin.de
Mon Jan 14 10:53:52 UTC 2002

Hello everybody,

I'd like to let you know that I have relased version 0.6 of EMBOSS.kaptn, a
X11 and KDE2 based GUI for EMBOSS. The new release covers 120 applications
with (almost) all features. Given the speed of the EMBOSS developers the GUI
probably will never be complete, but it's getting close. Highlights of this
release are support for primer3 (Thanks for putting this in EMBOSS!) and for
the output formats in various apps.

Version 0.6 of EMBOSS.kaptn is available at
http://userpage.fu-berlin.de/~sgmd .

>From the ChangeLog:

Version 0.6
- aformat option for needle.kaptn, merger.kaptn, matcher.kaptn, water.kaptn
- rformat option for antigenic.kaptn, dan.kaptn, diffseq.kaptn, digest.kaptn,
  garnier.kaptn, helixturnhelix.kaptn, restrict.kaptn, sigcleave.kaptn
- new: stretcher.kaptn, seqmatchall.kaptn, supermatcher.kaptn,
       rebaseextract.kaptn, biosed.kaptn
- Better desktop integration: install script can put EMBOSS submenu
  into the K desktop menu.
- small fixes in codcmp.kaptn, emowse.kaptn, dreg.kaptn, preg.kaptn,
  showseq.kaptn
- shrinked some more windows

Version 0.59
- new: prima, primersearch, primer3