Clustalw fix for EMBOSS

ableasby at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk ableasby at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Mon Dec 16 21:33:50 UTC 2002

There is a patched clustalw available for download as:

    ftp://ftp.uk.embnet.org/pub/EMBOSS/clustal/clustalw1.83.UNIX.tar.gz

This fixes a couple of memory corruption errors and replaces the
gets() function with fgets() to tidy up the compilation a bit.

It is to be regarded as both unofficial and "use at your own risk".
I'll be reporting my fixes to Des et al so, hopefully there'll
be an official 1.8.3 out soon. In the meantime it ought to
solve problems Linux people have been having with 'emma'.

Alan