seqret doesn't count more than 99?

Charles Plessy charles at moulinette.dyndns.org
Mon Apr 29 13:22:07 UTC 2002

> I'd not tried this before, but we see the same thing here.  Running dbiblast
> on the indexed raw fugu data seems to work, but seqret fails on the
> subsequent retrieval.

I have to NCBIze the headers in order to make it work : I use either
lcl|entryname or gnl|dbname|entryname

> > I created the blast database and indexed it with dbiblast. The reason
> > for not formatting the fasta file itself is to save space. This also
> > enforces a synchronicity between the blast hits names and the names
> > that I can give to seqret.
>
> The way we did this was to use the fasta files for both.  I take the point
> about the space saving, but the assembled data wasn't all that big.  If you
> use the raw fasta files for both formatdb (without header parsing) and
> dbifasta, then you can still use the same accession codes as reference in
> both.

You are right, I was also motivated to do something 'aesthetic' ;)

> It might be worth running seqret with the -debug flag on and looking at the
> messages at the end of seqret.dbg.  This usually gives some more useful
> information about what is going wrong in these cases.

I can send the debug info upon request, the files (one success, one
failure) are not that big (70k) but I think that netiquette doesn't
recommend sending them to all the list.

Charles