primer3 and qual scores

Gary Williams, Tel 01223 494522 gwilliam at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Wed Apr 3 15:56:04 UTC 2002

As you say "a slew of options"!
I didn't include the quality values as there was pressure from the GUI
community to minimise the number of options.

I, myself,  have never used the quality options.
They could be added in, but there are already rather a lot of options
for this program; do we need more? Which ones do you consider the most
useful, and why?

Gary

David Mathog wrote:

> The 0.9 version of primer3 from
>
> http://www-genome.wi.mit.edu/genome_software/other/primer3.html
>
> comes with a cgi script that puts up a web interface which
> drives primer3_core.  That web interface provides a slew
> of options for including qual values in a section labeled
> "Sequence Quality".  The primer3 program in EMBOSS seems not to
> have these options.   Is there some technical reason why this
> functionality wasn't included or is it just one of those (many) things
> that have yet to percolate to the top of the "to do" list?
>
> Thanks,
>
> David Mathog
> mathog at caltech.edu

Gary Williams               Tel: +44 1223 494522  Fax: +44 1223 494512
mailto:G.Williams at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk            http://www.hgmp.mrc.ac.uk/
Bioinformatics,MRC HGMP Resource Centre,Hinxton,Cambridge, CB10 1SB,UK