prima application

Gary Williams, Tel 01223 494522 gwilliam at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Mon Sep 3 08:15:24 UTC 2001

Irv Edelman wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I don't work for GCG any longer, but, when I did, I wrote a fair
> number of application programs.  I was just looking at the
> description of the prima program on the EMBOSS web site and
> noticed that it seemed remarkably familiar.  Large sections of the
> description seem to have been taken, verbatim, from the manual
> entry I wrote for the GCG Prime program.  The methods used in the
> program, the program parameters, and the program function itself,
> seem to be remarkably similar to the Prime program I wrote for
> GCG.  Yet the prima program is completely attributed to someone at
> HGMP.  Is that really so?  Just curious.

Sorry - the 'prima' documentation is incorrect - I had been doing bulk
copies of documentation from the old EGCG programs into the
corresponding EMBOSS documentation and this one slipped through by
mistake.

'prima' has no code in common with the GCG 'prime' program.

I will change the documentation.

Gary

--
Gary Williams               Tel: +44 1223 494522  Fax: +44 1223 494512
mailto:G.Williams at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk            http://www.hgmp.mrc.ac.uk/